-Race Dates: Sat 30thJune – Mon 2nd July 2018
-Locations: Les Arcs-PEISEY VALLANDRY, Savoie,France(Race HQ: Bourg St Maurice).
-Nearest Airport Geneva, Switzerland Lyon Saint Exupéry France
-Entries limited to a maximum of 150 x teams of 2 riders (300 riders total)
-12 to 15 timed stages, uplift-assisted liaisons
-12,000m+ total descent; <1000m total ascention-bike.
-Varied terrain from man-made bike park to technical Alpine Single track
-Technical Difficulty:Experienced/Advanced riders only
-100% Blind Racing no race practice or course walking allowed
-A total of over 1 hour of descending at race speed
• 5 stages around Les Arcs and lunch at Charly´s Factory at the bottom of the funicular.
• There will be lunch at Charly´s for the race plus contenders and for the other racers there will also be options to buy lunch at the event area.
• The day will start around 8 am for the first and end about 16 pm for the last.
• 6 Stages around Peisey Vallandry
• This day there will be a lunch indcluded also for the race plus contenders at a restaurant in Peisy/Vallandry
• This day will start around 8 am for the first and end around 17 pm for the last.
• The last day will include 3 stages around Les Arcs.
• There will be lunch at Charly´s for the plus contenders, and lunch will also be able to buy for the other contenders in the event area.
• The day will start at 8 am for the first and end at 14 pm for the last.
• At approximately 3 Pm there will be the Award Ceremony
All riders are required to wear this protection to be granted a start to the race:
• Full face helmet which is certified for enduro racing.
• CE approved back protector, or a backpack which has integrated back protection.
• Full finger gloves.
Riders must also carry at all time during the race:
• A charged mobile phone with connection and data roaming enabled, so in case of an emergency the racer can contact one of the emergency numbers provided by the organizers.
We also highly recommend having a rainjacket with you. Water and snacks is also a vital part of the race, because it will take place over several hours each day.
Before you registrate to Sky2trail it is required to have some experience in riding on big mountain natural trails and to have a mountain bike equiped for this purpose. We recommend an enduro bike with suspension travel from at minimum 140 mm to 200 mm. This also means to have some experience in technical enduro riding and long descends.
WHAT HAPPENS IN THE EVENT OF INJURY?
We have Mountain Event Medics plus several first aiders on our team who will provide assistance and further treatment/advice should you need it. If emergency hospital treatment is required we will arrange to transport you to the nearest hospital or liaise with emergency services as required. For non-urgent cases or treatments outside of racing hours you may need to make your own arrangements should you wish to travel to hospital (e.g. Taxi). If you are hospitalised we look after and will arrange to have your bike delivered back to base. If you miss your airport transfer or onward travel due to injury, you will need to make your own arrangements for onward travel and assistance. (Travel Insurance strongly recommended).